Monday, January 23, 2006

Coupla Things

I finally visited The Royale on S. Kingshighway, and I was very impressed. I had The Burger, which is made from Kobe beef. Now, I don't know if I could tell the difference between it and another non-Kobe burger made with quality beef and the same care and attention in a blind taste test, but I will say that it is a damn good burger, nonetheless.

Also, tomorrow night, on Tuesday, January 24, 2006, St. Louis Mills Mall is showing the Coachella movie (I have no idea if this is the proper name for it or not)... Why the only theater they are showing it in is the freaking sticks, I'll never know. I would like to think it isn't because their distribution deal requires them to show it in the most soul-sucking places, but I am afraid it might be. Why wouldn't they show it at the Moolah, the Tivoli, or the Hi-Pointe? I don't know. The only reason I can think of is that they are aiming for high school-aged kids. But that makes no sense; they aren't the ones who are going to be dropping the $160 for tickets + airfare + other (read: beer) expenses. At a minimum, college kids should be who they are targeting, but more realistically, it is young professionals of the creative persuasion and other artists that are more likely to live in the city and would certainly appreciate seeing a movie about an ARTS AND MUSIC FESTIVAL in an independently run movie theater that actually supports the arts, and not just commerce, like, say, St. Louis Mills Mall. Or... the people at Goldenvoice (promoters and creators of Coachella) just don't know shit about St. Louis. Wait, I think that just might be it...

ANYWAY I am definitely going. I have been to the last two Coachellas and am planning on going again this year, so the movie will be nice to tie me over until the end of April...

Finally, I should be starting Dividing By Zero back up this semester in the next week or two when I get my time slot. Hopefully, I'll have the same time as last semester - Tuesdays from 7-8pm... Listen at www.kwur.com...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home