Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Stuff



Ouch. This picture has no relation to the post. I don't like posts without pictures, though.



The Riverfront Times, has recently started up a blog, which you can read here. Music editor Annie Zaleski's posts are a great resource for local music goings-on; she even gave me a tip of the hat, so here's to her on that. Be sure to add it to your daily website/blog reading regimen.




The Lineup for this year's CMJ Music Marathon, which takes place in New York from October 31 until November 4, features such bands as The Shins, The Black Keys ,Ben Lee, Deerhoof, Blonde Redhead, Architecture In Helsinki, Tapes N Tapes and Cansei de Ser Sexy (and a few hundred more).

This year, based on my initial, cusory glance at the lineup, St. Louis has one band performing at the Marathon, Bunnygrunt. If I missed any other St. Louis bands, please let me know. Springfield, MO's Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin (see their MySpace page) is also playing.

MP3's:
Bunnygrunt - Me and My Vampire Friends
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - House Fire




Here are two cover songs for you, both of which are rocking my face right now:
Bishop Allen - Psycho Killer (live Talking Heads cover)
The Polyphonic Spree - Lithium (Nirvana cover from the Spree's new EP, Wait)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home