Monday, May 07, 2007

Starlight Mints Live Review and Photos

On Friday, May 4th, I headed up to Blueberry Hill's Duck Room to see the Starlight Mints. They were quite good, but it was my least favorite of the three times I'd seen them; last time was two years ago with Pleasant Grove at the Creepy Crawl and three years ago with the Flaming Lips. The crowd was sparse - maybe 75-100 people, so I think that affected the energy of the night. They were good, nonetheless, and played everything you'd want to hear. Everything, Now! opened the show and were pretty good. They seemed like they had only been together for a short while, still working on the practical issues of how to start and live stop songs.

Here's a video of Starlight Mints performing "Seventeen Devils":


I didn't get very good pictures, owing to the bright lights they put right up in the front of the stage, but here are some anyway.


Starlight Mints:












Everything, Now!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home