Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Punch-Up at a Nirvana Show

Some time back, I posted a clip of the infamous Nirvana show at Trees in Dallas, TX in which a bouncer beat Kurt Cobain's face for smashing the house's soundboard in a hissy fit. That was 1991. I was living in Dallas at the time, but was a few years too young to make it into the club. Boo for me. That bouncer, Turner Scott Van Blarcum, was in a band in Dallas called Ethyl Merman... until they received a cease and desist order from the late Ms. Merman's estate and changed their name to Pump'n Ethyl. He wrote a song about the incident called "Bleached."

MP3:
Pump'n Ethyl - Bleached (via yousendit)

Well, the whole show is now up on youtube. Here it is, in eight parts.

Part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


Part 4:


Part 5:


Part 6:


Part 7:


Part 8:


BONUS!
Pump'n Ethyl - "Betty Ford Clinic":

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Davis said...

ohhh thanks for this. I think I bumped into you at a dj night a while back. I just got a whole box full of Baboon stuff, all the 7inches, cassettes, promos. Will send links if I ever get em up.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Mr. Dividing By Zero said...

Awesome! Let me know if you do... I've been looking for the Ed Lobster and Sausage tapes for a while now

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home