Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Two Shows

Well, really, two half shows. First, I saw about seven songs from Rhett Miller of the Old 97s at the Gargoyle, after my radio show was over, and it was OK. The thing is, they were playing old 97s songs, which was weird to me. I've seen the Old 97s play over 30 times, so seeing any other band play their songs just doesn't sit well with me. Rhett played two songs - "Question" and "Melt Show" by himself and those were the best performances of the evening.

Rhett:



Then I went up to the Duck Room at Blueberry Hill to see Eef Barzelay (Clem Snide) play a solo show. It was just him and a guitar, and it was awesome. I wish I had only seen himtonight. I walked in while he was doing a cover of Skynyrd's "Simple Man". It was a really intimate show, and he can really hold the attention of a room, kind of like Eric Bachmann or Jonathon Richman. He also played the "Ballad of Bitter Honey", "Mike Kalinsky", "African Friend", and his version of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful." I will recommend seeing him anytime to anyone. It was great.

Eef:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home