Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bishop Allen - May


It's the last day of May, which means a new Bishop Allen EP. May's edition features, as usual, four songs and, this time, even more adventurous instrumentation. You can buy May on their websiteHere's a track from May:

Bishop Allen - Butterfly Nets


Now, I don't know if you've done the math, but four songs every month is 48 songs in the year, or the equivalent of three 16-song albums in 2006, a feat that even the Bob Pollards and Will Johnsons of the world would have a hard time matching. And since we're a little more than a third of the way through the year, and I don't like switching CDs every four songs, I decided to go all Stylus on you and play God with EPs, putting them all on one CD and rearraning the order while I'm at it (I know, I know, in this age of mp3s and iPods, doing this is a bit of an anachronism, so for those of you that hard time imagining this, think of this as a playlist in your iTunes. Kids.) I feel OK doing this because putting all four EPs on a CD in order just wouldn't make sense. Each one has its own flow and movement from song to song. I'm pretty sure most of the songs on April weren't even written when January was sequenced, so I don't feel like I'm messing with any Grand Plan of Bishop Allen. And even if I was, I'd still feel OK about it. So here goes:

1. The History of Excuses (March)
2. The Monitor (March)
3. Queen of the Rummage Sale (February)
4. The News From Your Bed (February)
5. Corazon (January)
6. Winter Coat (March)
7. The Bullet and Big D (January)
8. The Rabbit (January)
9. Making Friends (January)
10. Flight 180 (April)
11. Shrinking Violet (April)
12. Central Booking (February)
13. Vain (February)
14. Suddenly (March)
15. The Costume Ball (April)
16. Bellingham (April)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home