Sunday, October 22, 2006

DeVotchKa


Sorry for the lack of posts recently; I have been in New York for Ms. Dividing By Zero's book signing (shameless plug: Hoorah for the Bra). I've had a good time - being the only Cards fan in a bar in New York for Game 7 of the NLCS, checking out the MoMA, walking down Mercer Street a few steps behind Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes, deciding to pass him so I wouldn't seem like a stalker, only to realize I passed up my destination when I passed him, stopping to let him pass so I could backtrack to where I needed to go, and therefore seeming even more stalker-like.

But it's time to get back to business. DeVotchKa is playing at Blueberry Hill's Duck Room with My Brightest Diamond on Sunday, December 3rd. DeVotchKa always puts on a great show and I have only heard great things about My Brightest Diamond, who most recently played in St. Louis as an opening band for Sufjan Stevens at the Pageant this past September. Boulder, Colorado-based DeVotchka plays a wonderful mix of worldly folk-music (mariachi-gypsy-jazz-rock, if you will) and my Brightest Diamond is essentially Shara Worden's project, mixing rock, pop, opera and caberet into a beautiful mess.

MP3's:
DeVotchKa - How It Ends
DeVotchKa - You Love Me
My Brightest Diamond - Something of an End



Reminders:

The Mountain Goats are playing Monday night at the Gargoyle.

Go Cards.



Bonus:
The Arcade Fire - Intervention (live from a Morning Becomes Eclectic appearance on KCRW in January 2005.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home