Monday, December 10, 2007

Update and Stuff

I've got a couple things to let you know about...

First, I've got a bit makeover for the blog coming up in the New Year, as it's been over two years with the same layout. That and I don't know how to use a computer or the Interweb. Before that, though, you can expect to see my and others' "Best of..." lists for 2007. Joe already has his lists up over at Music Sucks. Check it out.

I will also be starting up the radio show again in February on KWUR. It looks to be on Tuesday nights and will focus on Local St. Louis music. I've got big plans for it. Speaking of Radio, every morning I wake up to the sweet sounds of KDHX. My favorite two morning shows have always been Darren Snow's Rocket 88 on Monday mornings and Cat Pick's Emotional Rescue on Thursday mornings.

Well, a few weeks ago, my radio work me up to the sounds of Mudhoney's cover of The Dicks' cult classic "Dicks Hate the Police"... It's a song I love but not one I expect to hear on Rocket 88, though. To make a long story short, it turns out that the KDHX morning lineup got a little bit of a rearrangement due to Cat Pick's retirement from the radio station. It's a shame, but she deserves some time off after serving the public good for so long. Rocket 88 moved to Thursday mornings and a new show, Green Eggs and Sam. Sam's playlists are kind of all over the place, but his show is a great addition to the KDHX mornings.

And I finally got to listen to Annie Zaleski's new(ish) show, International Pop Overthrow, on KDHX the other day. Being that it is on Mondays from 12-2 p.m., it's kind of tough for me to listen to while at work. If you are a fan of the music I feature on this blog or are familiar with her taste through her writing on A to Z, you will love her show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home