Sunday, October 29, 2006

Trail of Dead

Well, I can't go to the ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead/Blood Brothers show at the Gargoyle tonight, and it was sold-out anyway, so it's a good thing that I caught them do an in-store performance at Vintage Vinyl this afternoon. They did about 7 songs, with a very stripped-down setup. One guitar, one bass, a piano, a three-piece drum kit and a little portable drum machine. For the last three songs, they had everyone in the crowd get up nice and close (we're talking two feet from them, with some people sitting on their amps). It was like a campfire sing-a-long with Trail of Dead. Here's some video I took of the performance. Unfortunately, my camera was set to a lower resolution than I had intended, so the video's not quite as good as I would have liked, but you'll get the idea.

"Relative Ways":


"Rest Will Follow":

4 Comments:

Blogger The Trick said...

Thanks for the videos! I'm going to see them in Montreal.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mr. Dividing By Zero said...

Sweet - the new songs I've heard are just awesome...

9:45 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Nice stuff Jeff. I wish I was going to see them tonight in Chicago. My brother was supposed to go to the St. Louis show but he was sick.

5:00 PM  
Blogger mountmccabe said...

Did you flip through the CDs while watching the band? Whenever I go to an in-store I try to avoid it but I never can.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home